The Ferrari World theme park will be opened at noon on 28th October 2010 on Abu Dhabi's stunning Yaz Island Complex.
Earlier this week Ferrari World Abu Dhabi revealed more information about the new theme park, which is designed to convery Ferrari's passion, excellence, performance and technical innovation, as well as the Ferrari story. A park for families and fans of all ages and interests. See more teasing Ferrari World images on YouGoDo, and if Abu Dhabi is a little too far away - try the world's best theme parks. Anyway back to Ferrari World...
Ferrari World will be home to more than 20 rides and attractions, all lying beneath an iconic 200,000 m² red roof.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will offer guests the time of their lives with a host of attractions that indulge the senses in ways never experienced before. With some of the world’s most inventive rides, eye-catching surroundings, authentic aromas and distinctive sounds of Italy, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will have something for everyone.
Some of the innovative attractions on show include the fantasy world of ‘Nello’ at Speed of Magic, as the mischievous racing driver leads guests on a fantastic 4-D adventure through deep green jungles to icy caves and ravines. Guests can also go faster than anyone has ever been before on a roller coaster when they ride Formula Rossa, which powers them to 240 kmph in less than five seconds. Discover what only Ferrari owners have felt before, with a tour through the Maranello factory aboard the Made in Maranello attraction and gain an insight into the making of the world’s most sought-after cars. Viaggio in Italia, provides a breath-taking bird’s eye view of Italy, as you follow a Ferrari California through the scenic countryside and famous Italian landmarks.
The first stone was laid in November 2007, and in less than 100 days Ferrari World wilol become the world’s biggest indoor theme park.
Ferrari World rides and attractions:
• Formula Rossa – The world’s fastest roller coaster, reaching speeds of 240 kmph.
• V12 – An exciting flume ride to the heart of a 12 cylinders engine.
• G-Force – A thrilling tower ride that will shoot thrill-seekers through the red roof and 62 meters in the air before plummeting back to Earth, experiencing the actual G-force of a Ferrari, in a seat directly inspired by the Ferrari Enzo.
• Speed of Magic – A fantasy 4-D journey following the adventures of a young boy as he travels through a kaleidoscopic dreamscape of natural and phenomenal environments, where no Ferrari has gone before.
• Viaggio in Italia – A virtual aerial voyage over Italy’s cities and their main monuments, mountains and coasts pursuing a Ferrari.
• Made in Maranello – A virtual trip behind the walls of the famous Ferrari factory in Maranello, taking guests through the intricate process of making the world’s most sought after car.
• Scuderia Challenge – Cutting edge racing simulators similar to those used by the drivers of the Scuderia Ferrari in training.
• Fiorano GT Challenge – A unique dueling rollercoaster with Ferrari F430 Spiders twisting and turning through tight corners on a sprint to the finish line.
• Bell’Italia – A miniature recreation of Italy’s most famous locations, from the picturesque Portofino and the Amalfi Coast to Monza racetrack, the Colosseum in Roma, Venezia and Maranello, the heartland and home of Ferrari.
• Paddock – A re-creation of the Ferrari motor home including garages, transporters & hospitality suites with interactive shows offering fans a taste of the true action behind the scenes on a Grand Prix race day.
• The Pit Wall – An interactive theatre that allows guests to test their judgment in realistic racing scenarios.
• Galleria Ferrari – The world’s largest Ferrari gallery outside Maranello, showcasing the most exclusive range of classic and contemporary Ferrari’s from all over the world.
• Junior GT – A driving school for children with expert instruction where they will drive reduced scale F430 GT Spiders on an equipped driving course.
• Junior Grand Prix – After the Junior GT driving experience, budding F1™ drivers can enjoy the race track in scaled down Ferrari F1™ racers.
• The Racing Legends – A ride through Ferrari’s greatest racing moments starting from the first races all the way to today’s F1 victories.
• Driving with Champions – An interactive 3-D show which follows the adventures of a young engineer who is taken on the ride of a lifetime with a racing champion on his first day working at the Ferrari factory
• Cinema Maranello – Ferrari World’s own theatre showing ‘Coppa di Sicilia’, a short film that tells one of the many inspiring stories from the life of the legendary Enzo Ferrari.
• Junior Training Camp – An interactive play area for children where they can engage with a waterless car wash, become custom ‘constructors’, climb up the grandstand, pilot remote cars, peddle their own miniature Ferrari and play with an F1™ car made of soft, guest-friendly foam.
• Carousel – Featuring never-before-seen Ferrari prototypes based on winning designs from a Ferrari competition.
• Dining and Shopping – A range of concept restaurants and cafes offering authentic Italian dining experiences, in addition to unique shopping locations.
Get the driving boots out!
Get the driving boots out!